Turning the Tide in Pima County
In 2015, a broad coalition of Pima County organizations came together to form the Cradle to Career (C2C) partnership, a project aimed at creating better outcomes for children. It is very exciting to see that there is a shared vision that meaningful change will require collective action, and shared responsibility; no one agency or entity is capable of achieving real change alone.
The goals of C2C are as follows:
- Every child is prepared for school.
- Every child succeeds in school.
- Every youth graduates from high school ready for college and career.
- Every youth who is not in school or work reconnects to education and career pathways.
- Every youth can attain a post-secondary credential leading to a career that can sustain a family.
- Every youth is prepared for a career.
The biggest return on investment comes from strategies targeting the first 2,000 days of life, so while the goals above span all of childhood and adolescence, the primary focus should be on the early years. Strong Start Tucson aligns perfectly with the Cradle to Career goal “Every child is prepared for school” and helps the community meet each of the other goals by building a strong foundation.
Learn more at www.c2cpima.org